Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in the peak December
Season that shoppers ventured forth to many a retail store.
With apologies to Edgar Allan Poe, it’s safe to say that December is, by far, the busiest, craziest, and most exciting month at TellApart. Consumers make the rounds for their holiday shopping, and we get flooded with traffic and data like at no other time of year.
December 2011 was a record month for us — here are a few stats to help tell the story:
- We handled 9.5 billion web requests (at peak traffic, over 10,000 requests per second).
- Our products reached 23 million unique users (that’s about 2 million users per TellApart engineer).
- A full 9 out of every 100 users who saw TellApart ads, clicked — an order of magnitude better than the industry standard for display ads.
- If you were to virtually “cut out” each of the ads we showed from a typical computer monitor and sew them into a quilt, the quilt would cover over 430 acres — that’s 4x the size of Vatican City!
- If you were to lay the same ads end-to-end, they would form a line of nearly 17,000 miles, extending 2/3 of the way around the globe. That’s like flying from Iceland to the southernmost tip of South America by heading north.
We’re grateful to our customers, team, friends, and colleagues for making it all possible. And of course, now that December is behind us, our New Year’s resolution is to leave these numbers in the dust in 2012.
Come build the technology and products that power this growth — join us!